Monday, November 26

Thankful Thoughts

I am utterly overwhelmed with thanks as we move back into "real life" after the Thanksgiving holiday.  There are so many good gifts in my life that I far too often take for granted.  I read Ann Voskamp's 1000 Gifts last year and have been working on listing my gifts ever since.  However, I want to be more intentional so my goal, my hope, is to update here weekly with thanks.  I would love to say that I will be back to do more than just that, but we are starting with baby steps :)

1. For a husband who loves me well.  He is patient and kind when I am not, and he delights in me and in our family in such profound ways!

2. For a son who loves technical things so much.  He can change the settings on the printer faster than I can even figure out what is going on!  The good news is that he can *almost* always change them back for me. 

3. Excitement about learning the basics of division...him, not me :)

4. Imaginative play in costumes with rehearsals and tickets to future shows.

5. Christmas fabric + a sewing machine = new holiday pajama pants for all!

6. scraps from pajama pants to make festive Christmas bunting.

7. A girl who is sooooo excited about being an angel in the kindergarten program for school.

8. A boy who makes up songs about his new green pajama pants and sings it all afternoon.

9. A THREE year old girl who is so excited to see her "new light pink dress" in the clean laundry that she cannot stop squealing.  And she tells everyone it is clean and that she will wear it tomorrow.















10.  A baby girl who is ONE and less and less a baby every day.

11. A new puppy.  Yes, we got a dog.  We are crazy!















12.  Paper towels to clean up messes from the new puppy!

13.  The hope and promise that there is more than this life, and the moments that make me long for an eternity of perfection.


14. Clean sheets!

No comments: