Wednesday, January 18

When things are really real

It's one thing to be pretty sure that my baby will have to have surgery, but it's altogether another thing to have actual confirmation from the surgeon. We were finally able to connect with the pediatric surgeon yesterday and Sadie's surgery is now upcoming.

It looks like they will have to remove somewhere between one third and one half of her lung. The surgeon was unclear about whether or not they will operate through the front of her chest or the side, but either way it's a big deal. We're anticipating a five day hospital stay. The surgery will tentatively be Friday, March 30 so we have the week of Bo's spring break to recuperate, although we are waiting on a final confirmation from the surgery office.

I was at my parents house yesterday when J called to let me know everything, and I just kept having to remind myself to breathe while I was talking to him. I hate that sick all over short of breath feeling. Hate it. I hung up the phone and pretty much dissolved into tears as I explained everything to my mom and sisters. It just really sucks to think about my precious little babe. Totally sucks. This one keeps me leaning on Jesus for sure and consistently reminds me that the kingdom on control I am always looking to sustain can topple oh, so quickly.

We would covet your prayers that this little one [and the rest of our brood] will stay healthy until then. An upper respiratory infection could easily cause another round of pneumonia, which would be problematic for Sadie and the surgery on many levels.

Oh, and J had a little giggle with me the other night as he looked over my previous post. The artery near the cyst is actually coming off of her aorta, not her heart. My response to him: Aren't they kind of the same thing?
He just shook his head.

Thanks for walking this road with us!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: